These are the words of my choir President:
"It all started in the days of January 2005 where we were given the opportunity to choose a CCA which we wanted to join. But percuilarly, i didnt get to any of my CCAs that i wanted to join instead i got into Choir. Maybe at that point in time, I was the luckiest person in the world, yet I cursed and sweared.....
Why , why did i get into choir. A sissy's cca.......people fooling around, opening their mouths on stage. Yet now, come to think of it.... i shudder with fear when i recall the inital opinions i had about the choir.
Secondary 2 life was a fun period great friends great teacher but only a good CCA. Yes it was fun but the people here werent as eccentric........at least towards anything other than singing. Regular routine became a chore and I still couldnt understand.....
why oh why she forced me into the CCA. Maybe it was her foresight.........maybe just a streak of luck for me. But I still didnt embrace the choir. It wasnt worth embracing. Until a particular period of time. Where I was so overwhelmed by the vivid colours painting my life right infront of me......and this was the choir's masterpiece.
June the same day after our school SYF's showcase. I was the president of the choir. Yet i didnt deserve it. There were so many choir members fitting for the job. Those that were enthusastic for the full 2 years. Those that embraced the vibrant community.
Why me ? Questions encircled me like scavengers surrounding a dead carcass. Only then did i realise, this is the only chance i have to redeem myself in the choir , I had such die-hard crap feelings for the choir before and this is the only time i can show my passion towards the CCA i have become to love so dearly. So I'll try......i'll try.
March 8 2008. The day I pass my baton to another future leader. It's barely March and we have to already leave the choir. Will it succeed ? Have we done enough? Have I done enough?
Why, why do we have to go so quickly. A part of my life is forcefully torn away. Only from afar can i whisper " Choir are you fine ? Do you need help! I want to come back. " yet no one can hear. I cant bear to go now......it is too early. I have not done enough.
At 0033 hrs March 9 2008, I realised that the choir is now in the hands of great leaders with immense potential. They will lead you through the times of adversity but that is only possible if everyone holds on. The Choir will succeed . It may not be today or tommorrow but the time will come. I believe in all of you and i know that you can do a better job than us. Yet i am in a state where i ponder over one thing. Is my secondary life over already ?
Now what is left in my secondary life is the Guys , the Bonk , fellow friends, teachers ,work and the 'O's.
But for sure, etched in my heart forever. The Commonwealth Choir will stay forever.
Sing through the adversity.
We live to sing."
There. Those words left a gargantuan impact on me.
Really, what is secondary school life without choir?
Think.